If you like the idea of having freshly baked cookies still warm from the oven any time your little heart desires, I'm about to blow your mind.
And I'm not talking about the pre-made take and bake cookies you can buy at the grocery store.
I found the recipe here, and thought to myself, how can I make this recipe even easier. I mean, how lazy can I be and still have fresh from the oven cookies. The answer is pretty f'ing lazy, as long as you assemble the cookie dough ahead of time.
Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies - based on this recipe
- 1 (16.5 oz) box of Red Velvet cake mix
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
1. Combine cake mix, butter, cocoa powder, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl either by hand or in your kitchen aid mixer using the dough hook attachment.
2. Fold in white chocolate chips by hand.
3. In a separate medium sized bowl, combine the powdered sugar and cornstarch.
4. Form 1 inch balls with cookie dough and roll in powdered sugar mixture.
5. Place cookie dough balls on cookie sheet. Freeze for 1 hour minimum.
6. Transfer frozen cookie dough balls to a freezer bag and voila, individual cookies ready to be baked up fresh any time of day or night.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
3. Bake for 9 - 11 minutes. Do not overbake! They will seem like they need more time but they don't. Trust me.
4. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack and serve.